Mission trips are offered exclusively to ESM students. Price includes meals, lodging and local transportation via private bus. Airfare is not included.
Please note interary is tentative and subject to change. Prices will be available once itinerary is solidified.
Tuesday, June 8 (Arrival)
Airport Arrival / Dinner at local restaurant
Wednesday, June 9 (Acclimation)
Feast of St. Columba
- Celebration of Mass
- Optional visit to Slieve League Cliffs and Glencolumbkille
- Evening celebration of the Feast of Irish St. Columba
Thu. June 10 – Sat. June 12 (Conference)
Encounter Conference at the Cathedral of Sts. Eunan and Columba
Sunday, June 13 (Pilgrimage Day)
- Croagh Patrick – It was on the summit of the mountain that Saint Patrick fasted for forty days in 441 AD, and pilgrims visit to follow in his footsteps.
- Ballintubber Abbey – The Mass has been said in the Abbey without a break since the year of it’s foundation in 1216. The old church beside which the Ballintubber Abbey was built was a Patrician Church. Close by is the well where St. Patrick baptized his converts in the district, with a stone alongside bearing the supposed imprint of the saint’s knee.
- The Shrine of Our Lady of Knock – On August 21, 1879, Our Lady appeared at this Church-approved apparition site along with St. Joseph and St. John the Evangelist.
Monday, June 17 (Pilgrimage Day)
- Clonmacnoise – Ruins of the 6th century monastery founded by St. Ciarán
- Drogheda – St. Peter’s Church houses the head of the 17th century martyr, St. Oliver Plunkett
Tuesday, June 15 (Pilgrimage Day)
- Armagh – Mass at St. Patrick’s Cathedral
- Downpatrick – Down Cathedral and Tombs of St. Patrick, St. Columba and St. Brigid
Wednesday, June 16 (Travel)
Depart for home and prepare for God’s next great adventure for your life!